cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
douglasmitch

Sizing datacards in edit form

Can someone point me to where I can find out how to move datacards next to the comment field? I would like to make my screen with one form but I can't figure out how to have a big comment section.

I have made it work by making multiple forms but now I can't progress because I can't figure out how to use Patch to update a record.

5 REPLIES 5
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@douglasmitch 
You can move the position of a Card changing the X or Y property.  Move it to the bottom by setting Y to 3.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

In my picture, I have an amount field at the bottom. I can only move it to the top. I can not make it one row below the date entered box. I would like it to have fields next to the comment box.

mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@douglasmitch 
If you are using an Edit Form this is going to be a problem.  All Cards on the same row must have the same height.  No exceptions.  😞

I would suggest you make the form yourself using several input controls and use PATCH to submit the records instead.  Then you can place the controls wherever you want 🙂

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Wow. Wish I had asked this question much sooner. It would have saved me about 15 hours of work!

Can you point me in the right direction? I ended up splitting my data into 4 Edit forms so I could format it the way I needed.

Code for the Submit button OnSelect:

Patch('Contract Invoices',Defaults('Contract Invoices'),Form2.Updates,Form3.Updates,Form4.Updates,Form6.Updates)

You probably know that this adds a record to the SharePoint list, can you point me where I could find out how to use patch to modify the record instead?

Many thanks,

Doug

mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@douglasmitch 
Yes, I can point you in the right direction.  Watch this video by @RezaDorrani.  It will explain the correct approach.

Link to Youtube: Multiple Screen Form Control
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gI9OscTLD0

---

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,132)