cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
douglasmitch

Sizing datacards in edit form

Can someone point me to where I can find out how to move datacards next to the comment field? I would like to make my screen with one form but I can't figure out how to have a big comment section.

I have made it work by making multiple forms but now I can't progress because I can't figure out how to use Patch to update a record.

5 REPLIES 5
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@douglasmitch 
You can move the position of a Card changing the X or Y property.  Move it to the bottom by setting Y to 3.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

In my picture, I have an amount field at the bottom. I can only move it to the top. I can not make it one row below the date entered box. I would like it to have fields next to the comment box.

mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@douglasmitch 
If you are using an Edit Form this is going to be a problem.  All Cards on the same row must have the same height.  No exceptions.  😞

I would suggest you make the form yourself using several input controls and use PATCH to submit the records instead.  Then you can place the controls wherever you want 🙂

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Wow. Wish I had asked this question much sooner. It would have saved me about 15 hours of work!

Can you point me in the right direction? I ended up splitting my data into 4 Edit forms so I could format it the way I needed.

Code for the Submit button OnSelect:

Patch('Contract Invoices',Defaults('Contract Invoices'),Form2.Updates,Form3.Updates,Form4.Updates,Form6.Updates)

You probably know that this adds a record to the SharePoint list, can you point me where I could find out how to use patch to modify the record instead?

Many thanks,

Doug

mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@douglasmitch 
Yes, I can point you in the right direction.  Watch this video by @RezaDorrani.  It will explain the correct approach.

Link to Youtube: Multiple Screen Form Control
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gI9OscTLD0

---

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,063)