cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renewtx
Frequent Visitor

Sizing of PowerApps form vs SharePoint "Customized" form

I'm working on several legacy apps that are being converted to SharePoint-based Power Apps, most of which we can create using the Customize SharePoint forms option in a SharePoint list.  Those work great and they are easy to customize.  However, for some of our apps we have to create a Power App from scratch (data sources are all SharePoint) due to the required  data layouts on the forms.  In those cases, when we start creating the app in tablet mode, the Power App Builder creates the default app and we then proceed to customize that layout.  The issue we are finding is that when you take this approach and then run the app, the forms and related fields are HUGE .... much bigger (font and field sizes) than the comparable SharePoint customized forms.  Example below -- right screen was created using "customize SharePoint form" option (nice small fonts and fields), and the left form was created by letting the builder creating an app from scratch ...

renewtx_0-1627072474157.png

Is there a way to change the defaults so that form fields and fonts are smaller when using the builder to create an app from scratch?  Or do I have to go into each field, label and other form component and manually resize them all (which would be a LOT of effort)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @renewtx ,

Option B I regret to say . . . unless you try changing the Theme and may get something you like.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @renewtx ,

Option B I regret to say . . . unless you try changing the Theme and may get something you like.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,278)