cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slider control Value property missing

In reading the PowerApps documentation for the Slider control, the very first thing in the documentation page is "Key Properties" and listed is Value, but this property is nowhere to be found under the Slider control properties. I am trying to reset the Slider control Value but cannot due to its property missing. Am I missing something? Is the documentation innacuarete? Is there another way to reset its value?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Got it. You can use the Reset property in the slider to make it return to the Default value. The thing about the Reset property is that it needs to see a change in its value, otherwise it doesn't work well (we're working on some usability improvements for that).

So for your case, you can set the following properties:

Slider1.Default: 640
Slider1.Reset: resetSlider
Button1.OnSelect: UpdateContext({resetSlider:true}); UpdateContext({resetSlider:false})

When the user clicks the button, the value of the resetSlider context variable will be "pulsed". That will trigger the slider's Reset property, and it will return its value to the default (640).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CarlosFigueira
Power Apps
Power Apps

The Value property in a slider is how you retrieve the value that is currently selected - you can think of it as a property that is output by the control. If you want to set the value of the slider, you can use its Default property - which is the value that will be set, before the user can drag its handle to change its value.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand you can set a default value. What I am trying to do is to reset its value back to the default once the user slides the control and some action takes place. I've tried multiple ways but doesn't seem to be working. I even added a button on the screen to test and set the button property to "sliderName.Value=640" but is not working. BTW, 640 is the value set on the slider control default value, wich obviously changes once I move the slider, then I clicked on the button, but the slider remains the same; my goal is to reset it back to its defaul, 640 in this case--I tried also using a context variable to no avail. Any suggestions?

Got it. You can use the Reset property in the slider to make it return to the Default value. The thing about the Reset property is that it needs to see a change in its value, otherwise it doesn't work well (we're working on some usability improvements for that).

So for your case, you can set the following properties:

Slider1.Default: 640
Slider1.Reset: resetSlider
Button1.OnSelect: UpdateContext({resetSlider:true}); UpdateContext({resetSlider:false})

When the user clicks the button, the value of the resetSlider context variable will be "pulsed". That will trigger the slider's Reset property, and it will return its value to the default (640).

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! That worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (58,279)