cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slider control Value property missing

In reading the PowerApps documentation for the Slider control, the very first thing in the documentation page is "Key Properties" and listed is Value, but this property is nowhere to be found under the Slider control properties. I am trying to reset the Slider control Value but cannot due to its property missing. Am I missing something? Is the documentation innacuarete? Is there another way to reset its value?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Slider control Value property missing

Got it. You can use the Reset property in the slider to make it return to the Default value. The thing about the Reset property is that it needs to see a change in its value, otherwise it doesn't work well (we're working on some usability improvements for that).

So for your case, you can set the following properties:

Slider1.Default: 640
Slider1.Reset: resetSlider
Button1.OnSelect: UpdateContext({resetSlider:true}); UpdateContext({resetSlider:false})

When the user clicks the button, the value of the resetSlider context variable will be "pulsed". That will trigger the slider's Reset property, and it will return its value to the default (640).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

The Value property in a slider is how you retrieve the value that is currently selected - you can think of it as a property that is output by the control. If you want to set the value of the slider, you can use its Default property - which is the value that will be set, before the user can drag its handle to change its value.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand you can set a default value. What I am trying to do is to reset its value back to the default once the user slides the control and some action takes place. I've tried multiple ways but doesn't seem to be working. I even added a button on the screen to test and set the button property to "sliderName.Value=640" but is not working. BTW, 640 is the value set on the slider control default value, wich obviously changes once I move the slider, then I clicked on the button, but the slider remains the same; my goal is to reset it back to its defaul, 640 in this case--I tried also using a context variable to no avail. Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Got it. You can use the Reset property in the slider to make it return to the Default value. The thing about the Reset property is that it needs to see a change in its value, otherwise it doesn't work well (we're working on some usability improvements for that).

So for your case, you can set the following properties:

Slider1.Default: 640
Slider1.Reset: resetSlider
Button1.OnSelect: UpdateContext({resetSlider:true}); UpdateContext({resetSlider:false})

When the user clicks the button, the value of the resetSlider context variable will be "pulsed". That will trigger the slider's Reset property, and it will return its value to the default (640).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! That worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,121)