cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarieB

Slow Gallery Rendering

I have created a Canvas App with just a gallery and some filters, but when scrolling the gallery it always takes 1-3 seconds for the data to load (see gif attached).

The data source is Excel (yeah, not the best, but don't really have a choice in this case) and I'm testing with less than 100 records. I am already storing the data in a collection OnStart of the app - it might have made things slightly better, but the overall UX is still quite awkward.

I am using a flexible height gallery (so as to be able to show details of a record directly inside the gallery, when one record is selected). I tried also with a fixed height gallery and, again, performance is slightly better, but still awkward - and overall not better enough to make me willing to re-do the entire UI.

The only "complex" thing in the app is a search/filter function in the Items property of the gallery:

Search(
    If(FilterbyMine;
        //Filtering by status and user
        Filter(
            If(FilterbyOkay && !FilterbyError; Filter(RecordCollection; Reminder1 = "" && Reminder2 ="" && Reminder3 ="");
               FilterbyError && !FilterbyOkay; Filter(RecordCollection; Reminder1 <> "" || Reminder2 <> "" || Reminder3 <> ""); RecordCollection); 'U-PersBetrEmail' = User().Email);
        //Filtering only by status
        If(FilterbyOkay && !FilterbyError; Filter(RecordCollection; Reminder1 = "" && Reminder2 ="" && Reminder3 ="");
               FilterbyError && !FilterbyOkay; Filter(RecordCollection; ReminderMA1 <> "" || ReminderMA2 <> "" || ReminderVL <> ""); RecordCollection));
SearchPerson.Text;"Name";"Surname";"ID")

Already tried the performance tips in Microsoft documentation, any other suggestions to improve performance?

Is it the number of labels/icons in the gallery that causes the issue? Is there a known limit where performance starts to suffer?

My gallery at the moment contains 18 elements between labels and icons + 29 hidden ones, that are shown only on selection of the record. The fixed height gallery, that I tested, only contained the 18 non-hidden elements and was still slow to load. 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,553)