Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwbyrtie
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Slow performance in Power Apps Studio when building large apps

TRYING TO RAISE SOME ATTENTION FROM MICROSOFT HERE

... so please add a comment, if you face a similar issue.

Let's rally and make some noise!

ISSUE

When building large apps, Power Apps Studio (i.e. the editor) becomes insanely sluggish when the number of screens/controls increases. 

I am currently building an canvas application with more than 100 screens, which works perfect in player-mode - but my ability to proceed with the development is heavily impeded poor performance in the editor (Power Apps Studio).

EXAMPLES OF PERFORMANCE ISSUES

• Loading the app in the editor takes 15-20 minutes (and is interrupted by an authentication prompt).
  • When an object is selected, it takes 4-5 seconds before the formula bar is adjusted to the correct code.
  • When a formula is entered, at it takes 10-30 seconds before an intellisense-suggestion appears.
  • Inserting object takes 5-10 seconds (a loading screen appears).
  • Opening "Preview mode" takes 2-5 minutes.

MICROSOFT

To any Microsoft support staff reading this - you have a problem, which cuts off developers ability to build some serious apps, that actually can be used for more than just handle a simple process. Please fix this.

Many before me have raised this issue - here's 15 examples from a "Power Apps Studio Slow"-google search, where I only looked at the first 3 pages:

I have even raised a ticket to your support staff... to which the response was - "Try to delete some of your screens".

... c'mon - get in the game, please!

22 REPLIES 22
CB_Tech
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, PaulD1. I really appreciate the feedback and I will keep these things in mind.

WorkHard
Helper V
Helper V

Encountering the same issue on a 3-screen app with one of those screens with 650 controls. It really isn't that complicated. It's about 50 fields built for a desktop experience and I just spent 3 hours trying to reposition 5 controls because everything takes 5 minutes to move and on some occasions doesn't even move where it should and each time I have to wait on "Please Wait".

Jacambareri
Regular Visitor

totally agree with this post.!! i have the same issues. my application follow all best practices regarding performance, etc, but is a fact that the problem is because the amount of controls or pages in my app.
the main point is the application run perfect when is published, so, i think microsoft should delivery a better tool to develop this low code. (desktop app or a more robust app web editor)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (4,689)