Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Owizardo
Helper III
Helper III

Slow performance on lagre form

Hello,

I am having some major slowness whe swtiching from a screen to another. I have a basic setup, my home screen is a simple gallery, on click, I transfert ThisItem over to my editor screen. 

My editor scren has about 50 control input, comboboxs or dropdowns. On top of that I have a few icons, labels for eatch controls and a few buttons. I have a main canvas and a sub canvas where its card will show / hide depending on what step the user is on. 

This takes me about 5-10 seconds to load the screen, a bit more when i start requesting data from SharePoint to pull other data. Reasearching on google I find articles that say to use galleries when possible which i did. I still end up with 50 controls that are hooked to a local collection and still takes a long time. Any idea what i can do at this point to accelerate this a bit?

2 REPLIES 2
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Owizardo,

How many records are there for the connected data source? Also, for performance issue, please read through below documentation and check if it could help:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/performance-considerations-with-powerapps/

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I only transfer one record over to the next screen, I even removed all the repeated gallaeries I had in my edit form and its still sluggish. Even the cover or fade animations stutter. Really seems to me like this is just a probleme handling too many text input and many show/hide conditions.

I read the post you mentioned already but for my situation they simply recomend using galleries where possible and avoir hooking controls to data sources directly. I currently have all my control hooked to a local collection. Thats about it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,943)