Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Slow performance on lagre form

Hello,

I am having some major slowness whe swtiching from a screen to another. I have a basic setup, my home screen is a simple gallery, on click, I transfert ThisItem over to my editor screen. 

My editor scren has about 50 control input, comboboxs or dropdowns. On top of that I have a few icons, labels for eatch controls and a few buttons. I have a main canvas and a sub canvas where its card will show / hide depending on what step the user is on. 

This takes me about 5-10 seconds to load the screen, a bit more when i start requesting data from SharePoint to pull other data. Reasearching on google I find articles that say to use galleries when possible which i did. I still end up with 50 controls that are hooked to a local collection and still takes a long time. Any idea what i can do at this point to accelerate this a bit?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Slow performance on lagre form

Hi @Owizardo,

How many records are there for the connected data source? Also, for performance issue, please read through below documentation and check if it could help:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/performance-considerations-with-powerapps/

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Re: Slow performance on lagre form

I only transfer one record over to the next screen, I even removed all the repeated gallaeries I had in my edit form and its still sluggish. Even the cover or fade animations stutter. Really seems to me like this is just a probleme handling too many text input and many show/hide conditions.

I read the post you mentioned already but for my situation they simply recomend using galleries where possible and avoir hooking controls to data sources directly. I currently have all my control hooked to a local collection. Thats about it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,869)