Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vranjan22
Helper III
Helper III

Slow to load - Overall Performance

Hi all,

For past one week, I have been facing issues with the speed of the Powerapps. It takes significant time to load, even in design mode. 

The database tables are in SQL and I am using on-premise gateways for connectivity. Till last week, everything was working fine, but now the app is almost unusable. We had some intermittent network issues as well, but now that has been resolved. Still Powerapps takes forever to load.

The data tables I am calling in the app has approx 1000 records and there are 4 such tables. 

I have tried using ClearCollect & Concurrent functions to improve the effiency but still it does not make any difference.

There is unexplainable lag in the updating data tables using forms. If I am updating 2 or 3 fields of a record, then it is updating the data table for two fields only. It starts working fine if I delete that field from the form and add it back again. This is really frustrating for a user.

Please advise if there are any fix for this.

Thanks,

Vivek

6 REPLIES 6
Jinman
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Vranjan22

Appreciate for your sharing and sorry to hear that you've encountered slowness while using on-prem gateway.

Would it be possible to share timewindow and appid or sessionid if you have handy? I would like to go and check telemetry to see what's going on. 

I generally use SQL Profiler when investigating SQL Server issues.  See what is taking the time.

• Start SQL Profiler (SP) and connect to database.  Use at off hours.
  • Pause SP and erase history.
  • Setup some slow operation on your app
  • Start SP and erase any history again
  • Perform app operation.
  • Pause SP as soon as app completes operation.
  • Review history and what takes time.

Hi @Jinman 

Thank you for your response!

Following is the app id for your reference: 264ebc33-211f-4dac-9599-5c2c6ee6e919

About time window: There is no particular pattern on this, however the main usage time for this app is 1000 - 1800 IST.

Any help/suggestion to improve the app's usability would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Vivek

Thanks Vivek. will check telemetry to understand what's happened on your appId during specified timewindow.  Plus, as Mogulman suggested, it would be super helpful to see what the performance of queries would be by running sql profiler.

@@Vivek, found a layer introduced latency and team is working on to address. Thanks for your reporting.

Meanwhile, I'm willing to review profiled data to check what optimization you should do at your sql side, especially for slow queries. 

In general, quereis performs slow if stats is old, if QP is not optimal(scan rather than seek), if Indexes fragmented alot and so on.

Hi @Jinman ,

Thank you for your response. It is encouraging to see that my feedback is helping in product improvement.

I am not an expert on database concepts, hence any guidance to improve the performance would be really great.

Meanwhile, I am working to reduce the default number of rows to be loaded in the app and number of tables involved in this app.

Thanks,

Vivek

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (77,626)