cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aakasharora7
Frequent Visitor

Slowness in Power Apps desktop application on Windows OS

Hi

Problem: I am facing slowness issue with Power Apps Desktop application. I am using Power Apps application on Windows OS.

Description: For a fraction of second, applications loads the Controls which are set to have visible property false on screen onVisible.

This issue is persistent on different machines and locations. Please suggest if there are any settings or configurations that needs to be taken care of to improve the performance of the Power Apps desktop application?

PS: When working on Chrome browser, the slowness is not observed.

Thanks

ThreeAtion

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aakasharora7 ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue may be related to PowerApps Desktop Client itself. Currently, within PowerApps, there are some limits with the PowerApps Desktop Client.

We currently don't support new features on Windows platform for Power Apps mobile app. Features such as the Improved Common Data Service option and guest access are not available on this platform. We recommend using a web player on Windows to leverage the full set of capabilities. Updates to the Power Apps mobile app for Windows platform will be announced in future.

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config

If you want to improve this issue within your app, I think a Pre-loader screen could achieve your needs. On your side, you could consider create a pre-loader screen within your app, then delay for several seconds, then navigate to your Home Screen.

More details about creating a Pre-loader screen in PowerApps, please check the following article or video:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ux-patterns/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfYf-AkY1P8

Please take a try with above solution, check if it could help in your scenario.

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I don't think there is anything you can do to fix this.  Its just a difference in the timing of running java script between a browser and a desktop application.  As a workaround use a splash screen while you are loading the first screen, so it is already loaded before its displayed the first time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aakasharora7 ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue may be related to PowerApps Desktop Client itself. Currently, within PowerApps, there are some limits with the PowerApps Desktop Client.

We currently don't support new features on Windows platform for Power Apps mobile app. Features such as the Improved Common Data Service option and guest access are not available on this platform. We recommend using a web player on Windows to leverage the full set of capabilities. Updates to the Power Apps mobile app for Windows platform will be announced in future.

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config

If you want to improve this issue within your app, I think a Pre-loader screen could achieve your needs. On your side, you could consider create a pre-loader screen within your app, then delay for several seconds, then navigate to your Home Screen.

More details about creating a Pre-loader screen in PowerApps, please check the following article or video:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ux-patterns/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfYf-AkY1P8

Please take a try with above solution, check if it could help in your scenario.

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @v-xida-msft 

Thanks for the insights and update.

Although we are not using much of the latest feature mentioned in the link, and we are just marking some fields visibility property to false using variables that are updated on screen load. 

Thanks

ThreeAtion

Hi @v-xida-msft  and @aakasharora7 ,

Been away a while, haven't been doing much developing. Ended up landing here because I'm seeing same/similar issues. Thought I'd report what I've got, in case it helps or @v-xida-msft can get attention on it.

My apps are designed to pre-load all gallery data into collections during splash screen. That data has not changed in months, but performance has suddenly declined for screens containing galleries within Power Apps Desktop, sometimes 15sec or more just to load a screen with a gallery. This isn't observed when using MS Edge. Observed this behavior across multiple PCs and tablets, across multiple apps I've developed. 

Specs:

Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1909

Power Apps Desktop Version 3.18043.33

Microsoft Edge Version 79.0.309.71

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (59,555)