cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trackerman

Small app to track different replies

Hi all,

Hope that you are all doing well.

I am trying to build something in will track different replies in different excel files, depending of the reply.

For example I have a small Pop Up Window with 3 Options:

If we press "1" will have 3 questions that populate one excel file, if we press "2" other 3 question and if press "3" other 3 again.

Is this possible? Power Apps is the better option for this?

Thank you all for the replies.

3 REPLIES 3
Ashwin7104
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hey @Trackerman ,

Yes, as they are all closely connected in the M365 suite, using PowerApps is one of the options for managing excel data. I prefer SharePoint lists to Excel because they have more delegation tools, are easier to maintain, and can be shared with people to input data.

ClearCollect(colQuestionSet1, {Title:"Question1", Answer:"Answer1"},{Title:"Question2", Answer:"Answer2"});

// Insert record into excel where Table1 is added as data source inside PowerApps
Patch(Table1,colQuestionSet1)

If this post helped you, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Trackerman

Hi @Ashwin7104,

Thank you for your reply.

I thought using Forms for this also. What do you think?

I also need that, for example, when you submit "Question 1", this answer get posted in one Teams channel.

@Trackerman - That's an option too. You can conditional branching within MS Forms, to show / hide specific section in the form based on previous answers. Also we can use Power Automate to read response from MS Forms and post to team channel.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,352)