cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

Solution Checker Tabindex error

I create a new Canvas Power App and when I run the solution checker, I get this error on my custom controls:

"Make sure that your screen elements match the order in which you'd want to tab through them."

The problem is that I've already assigned the value to the tab index on the controls.

Any idea why the solution checker is doing this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@Brianmaric 

Your tab indexes should all be set to 0.  Otherwise you will have unpredictable results in your app.

Please review the documentation on TabIndex and observe the Yellow warning area at the bottom of the article - which will reference the error you are seeing.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

@Brianmaric 

Your tab indexes should all be set to 0.  Otherwise you will have unpredictable results in your app.

Please review the documentation on TabIndex and observe the Yellow warning area at the bottom of the article - which will reference the error you are seeing.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Ok, so I should set them all to 0, does that mean I can't set the tab order?

Super User III
Super User III

@Brianmaric 

You can alter them, but as mentioned in the documentation, this can lead to issues and is difficult to get to work properly.

The full documentation recommends that you have your controls in a Z pattern on the screen, then it will tab correctly from one to the next and down the screen.  You can also utilize control containers to customize the order to distinct groups of controls.

Helper IV
Helper IV

Ok, Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Check out the Power Apps Community Call for January 2021

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,376)