Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Courtney
Helper V
Helper V

Solution work around

Hi everyone, 

I have been having a consistent issue with a few of my apps which I have found a possible solution for here on the 'Common issue and resolutions page' for powerapps

1. Connection.Connected returns the wrong value during OnStart in Power Apps for Windows (July 21, 2020) While offline, Connection.Connected may wrongly return true immediately after starting an app in the Windows app. As a workaround, delay when the logic depending on it is executed by using a Timer control.

Any idea of how you apply this delay to the 'logic' ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To ensure that no submissions are lost when patching to a SharePoint lists you should use Forms and control this behaivor with OnFailure property of the form control.

If you prefer to use Patch function , please see the following post as an alternative.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Check-if-Patch-has-saved-the-data-successful...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Please take in consideration that the Connection.Connected formula is used to detect if the device is connected to a network (a wifi) and not to detect a valid internet connection. 

If you want to ensure powerapps has to be able to reach the Internet before connection.connected will equal true, I'm afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

I guess you know this, but worth a try. You can put an invisible TIMER on the first screen and Start this control from OnVisible property of the screen(set a context variable to true and put the same variable to the Start property of the timer). After that set OnTimerEnd property of the timer to check your connection.connected .

Still this will not solved your internet connectivity problem when your app is running on a desktop!

Hope it helps !

I think the connection connected function caused a chain reaction of other issues with this app so I at least its a step in the right direction. Much appreciated. I will give this a try. While I have your attention I would also like to know how to ensure no submissions are lost when patching to a SharePoint site?

My plan was to use the connection.connected function so if the app lost a connection a screen would become visible which would lock the functionality for the user but building things in this way has caused me the issue. 

Could you suggest anything else? The data is very important so we cannot risk losing any submissions.

To ensure that no submissions are lost when patching to a SharePoint lists you should use Forms and control this behaivor with OnFailure property of the form control.

If you prefer to use Patch function , please see the following post as an alternative.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Check-if-Patch-has-saved-the-data-successful...

If I can get this to work as it does in that thread in theory I should get the same result if there is any kind of network issue while patching! 

Thank you! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,065)