cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Solutions - How to protect our development?

Hi, we're currently working on a solution for one of our customer.

It's a Canvas App and a Flow to get some data they need. However, we haven't been able to protect our know-how. We exported the solution as a managed solution, but once imported the customer can access every component and check and recreate the Flow by themselves if they wanted to.

Is there any way to protect this information?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Solutions - How to protect our development?

Hi @js-dattics ,

Unless you have a user name in their tenant that they do not know the password to, then no - anyone who has shared ownership of a Flow or Power Apps (or even edit rights to an App) can see the structure. Power Apps / Power Automate are not a standard-alone “compiled” executable programs - at least one user in the environment has to “own” them.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Solutions - How to protect our development?

Hi @js-dattics 

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to provide this type of protection in Canvas apps or in Flows.

I do understand the importance of protecting intellectual property, especially in cases where we want to resell apps. The implication of a managed solution is that it should offer this protection but in this case sadly, it doesn't.

There is a post on the ideas forum about this exact issue and I would recommend that you vote for it.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Managed-solutions-should-not-allow-editing-to-c...

There is also talk here about how there are improvements in the backlog, particularly in terms of protecting apps that we publish through appsource.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Importing-Managed-Solutions-with-Connections/id...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,435)