cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Avd

Solved: Unclear error for IConvertible on a sharepoint list

Hi,

Can someone help me with a simple power app form in which I want to enable a user to enter data and then store it on a sharepoint list. The goal of the form is to expose it in a Power BI report so that the user can enter data via the report.

In the form I use the patch function on the 'save' button but on runtime it gives the following error:

The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: Object must implement IConvertible. clientRequestId: 75e0c67d-304d-47b1-9cfc-20cab64a8179 serviceRequestId: 75e0c67d-304d-47b1-9cfc-20cab64a8179

The function is as follows and shows no errors on itself:

Patch('Sprint Happiness', Defaults('Sprint Happiness'),

{Title:Dropdown1,

sprintNumber:TextInput2,

teamHappiness:TextInput2_1,

productOwnerHappiness:TextInput2_2,

Comment:TextInput1.Text

})

With the help of google I had no luck and also tried creating multiple apps to get rid of this error.

I also tried entering .Text after all of the inputs and dropwdown but the the function would not work on its own.

Kr,

Arnoud

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Monty_Baird
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Arnoud

Appreciate you've probably resolved this now, but just in case . . .

I've been seeing the exact same error today.  I had loads of text values being patched from a mixture of label and text input fields.  Those coming from the labels were formatted like this:

Manager:Manager.Text

Whereas for some reason I didn't bother adding '.Text' to the values coming from my text input fields, so they looked like this:

'General Comments':'General Comments'

I fixed it by ensuring all the text controls had the .Text value type specified.  So 'General Comments':'General Comments' became 'General Comments':'General Comments'.Text.  And then all was well.

You mentioned you'd tried adding .Text to each of your inputs and the dropdown, but did you try specifying the dropdown as Title:Dropdown1.Selected.Value?  (Or, if the dropdown choices come from a lookup, Title:Dropdown1.Selected.Result)

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Monty_Baird
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Arnoud

Appreciate you've probably resolved this now, but just in case . . .

I've been seeing the exact same error today.  I had loads of text values being patched from a mixture of label and text input fields.  Those coming from the labels were formatted like this:

Manager:Manager.Text

Whereas for some reason I didn't bother adding '.Text' to the values coming from my text input fields, so they looked like this:

'General Comments':'General Comments'

I fixed it by ensuring all the text controls had the .Text value type specified.  So 'General Comments':'General Comments' became 'General Comments':'General Comments'.Text.  And then all was well.

You mentioned you'd tried adding .Text to each of your inputs and the dropdown, but did you try specifying the dropdown as Title:Dropdown1.Selected.Value?  (Or, if the dropdown choices come from a lookup, Title:Dropdown1.Selected.Result)

Hope that helps

Thank you for your comment! 

You are correct, I have resolved the issue already but with the solution you proposed. I did not use Selected.Value for the dropdown and when I did it worked 🙂

Kr,

Arnoud

Isaac_At_Tepari
Frequent Visitor

But how does this apply to Fields expected to contain a Number, E.g Quantity?

Code Example

Patch('Stocklevels', Defaults('Stocklevels'), {Title: DataCardValue1.Text, Description: DataCardValue2.Text, Quantity: DataCardValue3.Text })

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,675)