cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Solved: Unclear error for IConvertible on a sharepoint list

Hi,

Can someone help me with a simple power app form in which I want to enable a user to enter data and then store it on a sharepoint list. The goal of the form is to expose it in a Power BI report so that the user can enter data via the report.

In the form I use the patch function on the 'save' button but on runtime it gives the following error:

The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: Object must implement IConvertible. clientRequestId: 75e0c67d-304d-47b1-9cfc-20cab64a8179 serviceRequestId: 75e0c67d-304d-47b1-9cfc-20cab64a8179

The function is as follows and shows no errors on itself:

Patch('Sprint Happiness', Defaults('Sprint Happiness'),

{Title:Dropdown1,

sprintNumber:TextInput2,

teamHappiness:TextInput2_1,

productOwnerHappiness:TextInput2_2,

Comment:TextInput1.Text

})

With the help of google I had no luck and also tried creating multiple apps to get rid of this error.

I also tried entering .Text after all of the inputs and dropwdown but the the function would not work on its own.

Kr,

Arnoud

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Unclear error for IConvertible on a sharepoint list

Hi Arnoud

Appreciate you've probably resolved this now, but just in case . . .

I've been seeing the exact same error today.  I had loads of text values being patched from a mixture of label and text input fields.  Those coming from the labels were formatted like this:

Manager:Manager.Text

Whereas for some reason I didn't bother adding '.Text' to the values coming from my text input fields, so they looked like this:

'General Comments':'General Comments'

I fixed it by ensuring all the text controls had the .Text value type specified.  So 'General Comments':'General Comments' became 'General Comments':'General Comments'.Text.  And then all was well.

You mentioned you'd tried adding .Text to each of your inputs and the dropdown, but did you try specifying the dropdown as Title:Dropdown1.Selected.Value?  (Or, if the dropdown choices come from a lookup, Title:Dropdown1.Selected.Result)

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Arnoud

Appreciate you've probably resolved this now, but just in case . . .

I've been seeing the exact same error today.  I had loads of text values being patched from a mixture of label and text input fields.  Those coming from the labels were formatted like this:

Manager:Manager.Text

Whereas for some reason I didn't bother adding '.Text' to the values coming from my text input fields, so they looked like this:

'General Comments':'General Comments'

I fixed it by ensuring all the text controls had the .Text value type specified.  So 'General Comments':'General Comments' became 'General Comments':'General Comments'.Text.  And then all was well.

You mentioned you'd tried adding .Text to each of your inputs and the dropdown, but did you try specifying the dropdown as Title:Dropdown1.Selected.Value?  (Or, if the dropdown choices come from a lookup, Title:Dropdown1.Selected.Result)

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you for your comment! 

You are correct, I have resolved the issue already but with the solution you proposed. I did not use Selected.Value for the dropdown and when I did it worked 🙂

Kr,

Arnoud

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,761)