cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Some formula work only on some PC and Browser

Hi All,

having a weird issue where an app is displaying content for me totally correct but on some machines it does not... 

below pictures are even from a machine where in firefox it works (left) but in chromium based browsers it does not... (on mine PC it works even in chromium based...hence i think its not an browser issue)

Sifu_0-1606338476518.png

the day is currently displayed via:

If(Value(ThisItem.DayOfWeekNr)=1,"Mon",If(Value(ThisItem.DayOfWeekNr)=2,"Tue",If(Value(ThisItem.DayOfWeekNr)=3,"Wed",If(Value(ThisItem.DayOfWeekNr)=4,"Thu",If(Value(ThisItem.DayOfWeekNr)=5,"Fri",If(Value(ThisItem.DayOfWeekNr)=6,"Sat","Sun"))))))

i have a column that is looking at date and gives it a number....

before i tried some converting via Text and DDD ...but it was same sh*t

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@Sifu 

Yeah, I did notice that in the picture.  I still hold that there is some conversion factor that is causing issues.  It may not be in any way associated with the date formula you are using.  I would say to dig through the other formulas that might be in that Gallery and in the Gallery controls and see if there is some suspect where a conversion would be to blame.

It's always painful to try and troubleshoot these (mostly because you have to save, publish, switch to another device, rinse and repeat).  Sometimes you need to walk it all the way back by isolating the entire suspected issue into another test app.  Yep, it's a pain, but eventually you run into the culprit.  Even more painful to deal with when on multiple mobile devices.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

@Sifu 

You should be pulling the day of the week off of the actual date.

I see in your gallery you have labels such as 28/11 and 29/11.  I assume they come from a date.  You can use that exact date for a Text function. 

Ex. If your date column is called WeekDate, then the Text(ThisItem.WeekDate, "ddd") will give you the named day for that date.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

hi @RandyHayes , thanks for feedbac, this i had before but was doing same ...error... hence i tried something different...but nope, still same

Super User III
Super User III

@Sifu 

Is the date column a real date column?  Usually the issues between browsers and devices has to do with internal conversions.  In other words, PowerApps tries to assume types if it does not know types.  For example, a formula that looks like - "Some value : " & 1  will result in Some Value :  1  In this case PowerApps assumed a conversion to text on the numeric 1.  These type of issues cause problems in play mode and on different devices and browsers.  So, those are the things to check first - is everything the exact type needed.  

Because, I can assure you that the function is working fine (right now on chromium based browser - checked on multiple machines).

RandyHayes_0-1606340123678.png

Now, that is not to day that some new issue has cropped up!  That does happen on occasion.  But the above is always good to check through first.

Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

yes its a date column and the second version of the formula i am using now is not dependent on date... since its just a number zero to 6 i think... and still troubles... if you look again at the picture, you will see that few lines have also background color... at least on the PC where it works...not so much on the other one

Super User III
Super User III

@Sifu 

Yeah, I did notice that in the picture.  I still hold that there is some conversion factor that is causing issues.  It may not be in any way associated with the date formula you are using.  I would say to dig through the other formulas that might be in that Gallery and in the Gallery controls and see if there is some suspect where a conversion would be to blame.

It's always painful to try and troubleshoot these (mostly because you have to save, publish, switch to another device, rinse and repeat).  Sometimes you need to walk it all the way back by isolating the entire suspected issue into another test app.  Yep, it's a pain, but eventually you run into the culprit.  Even more painful to deal with when on multiple mobile devices.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,136)