cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksinghdminc
Regular Visitor

Some variable(e.g Obj.ID) automatically changed to string(Obj.'data-somestringID')

Some variable in my code changed to some string text, as in attached screen-shot.

If I correct these then save and close app. And again reopen app, same problem occur.

9 REPLIES 9
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Some variable(e.g Obj.ID) automatically changed to string(Obj.'data-somestringID')

Hi @ksinghdminc 

Can you share more details about this? What is the logical implementation? What is the value for variable selectedCountry.'data-abcd...'?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

ksinghdminc
Regular Visitor

Re: Some variable(e.g Obj.ID) automatically changed to string(Obj.'data-somestringID')

Hi i have attached the variable screenshot. 

This is global variable. i use this to save country data. When I am accessing these in some screen getting this issue.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @ksinghdminc 

Do you mean that this 'Data-ABCD...' is automatically getting changed? What is the error message that you are getting here?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

ksinghdminc
Regular Visitor

Yes this automatically changed. 

Error: "Name isn't valid. This identifier isn't recognized."

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @ksinghdminc 

This is really strange! Can you try to remove this error in a different browser and check if it still exist when you reopen it? Make sure that the browser is updated to its latest version.

If this does not help, can you try to create a new application and check if the issue still exists?

Hope this Helps!

ksinghdminc
Regular Visitor

Also tried in MS edge. Same issue there also.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ksinghdminc ,

Did you mean that you use the formula "selectedCountry.ID" but it will automantically change to  "selectedCountry.'data-somestringID'" after you reopening the app?

I didn't see any columns named as ID or 'data-somestringID' for the collection in your screenshot.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ksinghdminc
Regular Visitor

Yes its changing after reopening app.
In selectedCountry there is ID variable. I used this in many screen, but in this screen its automatically changed.

In this screen I used selectedCountry.ID inside form. 

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @ksinghdminc 

This is really strange! If this is just happening on one of the screens. Can you try to delete this screen and create it from start?

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,446)