cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
techtudoor
Resolver I
Resolver I

Some variables and collections have been reset - Gallery View

I am building a PowerApps and have a Gallery that has been working for weeks. Today I modified my Sort(Filter( syntax for my gallery. Everything was working until PowerApps froze. Now I am receiving an error stating some variables and collections have been reset. The variable that was reset was the Set(varItem, ThisItem) in the gallery to open up a record. I have removed the data collection, saved then re-added the collection. I am receiving errors on all instances of ThisItem within my gallery. I am using the same browser as I always do (Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0). I have read other have had this issue, yet their solution did not resolve my issue.

Ideas greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
techtudoor
Resolver I
Resolver I

Update, I ended up recreating the screen and the issue did not re-occur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PBIUWO
Resolver I
Resolver I

Are you able to restore your previous version? 

Remove the "varItem" and type it in again or try to change it to something new and see if it works. 

@PBIUWO , thanks for your suggestions. I have tried removing the variable, saving then adding a new variable with a new name, same issue. The issue seems to lie with the ThisItem syntax. Anything referencing ThisItem, gives an error. I have another app that is referencing the same collection and there is no issues there. 

I have restored to a version that was working earlier today, but same results.... I can not understand how PowerApps would be this greatly effected by a computer freeze.

techtudoor
Resolver I
Resolver I

Update, I ended up recreating the screen and the issue did not re-occur

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,906)