Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
patty789 Helper IV
Helper IV

Sort and Filter a dropdown

Hi,

I have been stuck on this i have a dropdown that is reading from a SharePoint list, but is not in alphabetical order. Currently i have a filter in place that is only showing the Request using the formula: Filter(SP data source, "Request" in Lower('Type of Request')) when i add the Sort i don't get the result i need. Sort(Filter(SP data source, "Request" in Lower('Type of Request')).'Item Line', Ascending)

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
patty789 Helper IV
Helper IV

Re: Sort and Filter a dropdown

@mdevaney Thank you for you help, yet i kept getting an error, what worked for me was this. Sort(Filter(SP data sorce, "Request" in lower('Type Request')). 'Item Line', 'Item Line', Ascending). 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@patty789 

A couple of issues here.  The "sort by" field is missing and one bracket was in the wrong place.  See my code below.

Sort(
    Filter(
        SP data source,
        "Request" in Lower('Type of Request')).'Item Line',
    ),
    'Item Line',
    Ascending
)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

patty789 Helper IV
Helper IV

@mdevaney Thank you for you help, yet i kept getting an error, what worked for me was this. Sort(Filter(SP data sorce, "Request" in lower('Type Request')). 'Item Line', 'Item Line', Ascending). 

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

@patty789 

If your question was solved please mark as solution and close the thread.  I've corrected my syntax above.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,115)