cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Sort and sortbycolumn failing

I have a filter on a sharepoint list that was sorted for a Gallery result.  The list just went over the 5000 items and suddenly the sort returnd a server error.  I tried sortbycolumn with same result.   Is this a delegation issue now 

3 REPLIES 3
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I just tested this with PowerApss creating the template mobile phone app program that does all teh code itself and sortbycolumns brought up the same error

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @leyburn19,

Could you please share a bit more about the error message within your PowerApps app?

Further, could you please show more details about the formula that you filled within the Items property of Gallery control?

I think this issue may not related to the delegation issue. The SharePoint list is a Delegable data source, the Sort() function and SortByColumns() funciton are both Delegable function. Even though, the formula that you provided within the Items property of Gallery control could not delegated, the filtering would also be done locally.

More details about the Delegation in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Delegation in PowerApps

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The Items property of Gallery control of my PowerApps app set to following formula:

SortByColumns(Filter('20180525_case6', StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

Please check if the formula that you provided within the Items property of Gallery control could be delegated. In addition, please check if the connection to your SharePoint list datasource is invalid, if yes, please update the connection.

You could also take a try to re-create your PowerApps app, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I do not get the blue dot so it is not a recognised delegation error,  I get a simple error statement "An Error occurred  on the server".  It only happens when the list exceeds 5000.  I reduced the list be under 5000 and the error went away.   I reindexed the list and created a coum index.  Error still there.

Basically your sort by columns produces the error as doe something simple like

Sort(Filter(ComplianCeResultsQ,Result=2,Done="Yes"),Site,Ascending)

If I remove the sort,  the gallery works fine. If I leave teh sort and remove the filter it still fails with same message.  I can only point to the 5000 record level on the SharePoint List

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (35,423)