cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarlHRVA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Sort function is showing 0 last

Hello PowerApps community! It's been awhile since I posted. I'm having some trouble with the sort function and wondering if I could get some assistance. I am trying to sort a gallery in ascending order by the "file name with extension" value of the items and it's placing files that start with 0 at the end of the list. I am also seeing unexpected behavior with a particular item with a capital letter as the second value. If the items name starts with 2, 2a, 2b, 2c etc, they show up as expected but if there are items named 9, 9a, 9B, and 9c, the 9B item shows up much further down the gallery. Any help is greatly appreciated. @wyotim I know it's been quite a few months but if you're still around, your brilliance is always welcomed!

Thanks,

Carl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CarlHRVA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I was able to get this mostly working. My formula looks like the below: 

SortByColumns(
    AddColumns(
        Filter(
            IDIQ,
            'Folder path' = fullPath And ('Mod No.' = 0 And "CONSULTANT" in ThisItem.'File name with extension' And 'Top Level' = false)
        ),
        "SortOrder",
        Value(
            Left(
                'File name with extension',
                Find(
                    ".",
                    'File name with extension'
                )
            )
        )
    ),
    "SortOrder"
)

This doesn't account for files labeled 2A, 2B, 2C etc but we will need to enforce a naming convention that does not use these characters in the future. If anyone has any idea how I can sort on those characters or just the numbers, that would be welcomed, otherwise I will mark this reply as the solution.

Thanks,

Carl

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
zmorek
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Can you send us screenshots of the gallery, its Items() property, information on the DataSource/its columns? This would help greatly. I wonder if it's a true lexicographical sort issue, or a mismatch of columns... There's lots that could be going on.

CarlHRVA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @zmorek , 

Sorry for the delay. 

The gallery is a nested gallery. The Data Source is a library in SharePoint and the formula I have in place now that is causing the issue is: 

Sort(
    Filter(
        IDIQ,
        'Folder path' = fullPath And ('Mod No.' = 0 And "CONSULTANT" in ThisItem.'File name with extension' And 'Top Level' = false)
    ),
    Ascending
)

I've tried using SortByColumns but then what happens with larger data sets is the it goes 3, 30, 31, etc. Please let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks,

Carl

CarlHRVA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

The text value for the items I'm trying to sort is ThisItem.'File name with extension'.

CarlHRVA_0-1618804731034.png

This is how it is sorting them, with the zero value at the bottom.

CarlHRVA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I was able to get this mostly working. My formula looks like the below: 

SortByColumns(
    AddColumns(
        Filter(
            IDIQ,
        ),
        "SortOrder",
        Value(
            Left(
                'File name with extension',
                Find(
                    ".",
                    'File name with extension'
                )
            )
        )
    ),
    "SortOrder"
)

This doesn't account for files labeled 2A, 2B, 2C etc but we will need to enforce a naming convention that does not use these characters in the future. If anyone has any idea how I can sort on those characters or just the numbers, that would be welcomed, otherwise I will mark this reply as the solution.

Thanks,

Carl

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (90,468)