Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tagustin2020
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Sort prizes alphabetically by the name of the gift card, not the amount

@RandyHayes 

Hello,

I have a gallery of prizes. I would like them to sort in alphabetical order, but as you can see they are alphabetizing by prize amount. I imagine the Split function might be the way forward on this, but I'm not sure how to do it so it works dynamically. I have quite a few prizes divided up by different shift parties. Could someone help me out?

To be clear, I would like them to sort like this:

$50 Amazon Gift Card

$50 Best Buy Gift Card

$25 Powell's Gift Card

etc.

Thank you.

PrizeGallerySorting.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@tagustin2020 

Hi again! 

Sure thing...do all the prizes start with a dollar value?  If so, then this formula can be used in place of the one you have:

DropColumns(
    SortByColumns(
        AddColumns(
            Filter('Holiday Party Prizes', Status="Available" && Party.Value=ddPartyChoice.Selected.Value),
            "prizeTitle", Match(Title, "[^$\d+]\D+").FullMatch
        ),
        "prizeTitle",
        Ascending
    ),
    "prizeTitle"
)

This uses a regular expression to get the text part of the Title and then it sorts by it.

Note, the added column is dropped because it is no longer needed.

I hope this is helpful for you. 🙂

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@tagustin2020 

Hi again! 

Sure thing...do all the prizes start with a dollar value?  If so, then this formula can be used in place of the one you have:

DropColumns(
    SortByColumns(
        AddColumns(
            Filter('Holiday Party Prizes', Status="Available" && Party.Value=ddPartyChoice.Selected.Value),
            "prizeTitle", Match(Title, "[^$\d+]\D+").FullMatch
        ),
        "prizeTitle",
        Ascending
    ),
    "prizeTitle"
)

This uses a regular expression to get the text part of the Title and then it sorts by it.

Note, the added column is dropped because it is no longer needed.

I hope this is helpful for you. 🙂

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

@RandyHayes 

Randy, you are very clever. Being a novice, I never would have figured this out on my own. Yes, all of the prizes start with a dollar amount. The formula you provided is working perfectly. Thank you very much! Teresa

SortOrderSolved.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@tagustin2020 

No problem!  That's why you have a community to reach out to for help 😁

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,174)