cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gerard14
Helper I
Helper I

Sort specific values in dropdown list

Hi I have a dropdown list which I would like to sort to have the value 'All' at the top of the list and then each other value within the list to be in ascending order.

Sort order dropdown list.JPG

Currently i have a formula such as this for the dropdown list  SortByColumns(colcomms,"Result",["All"])  however when i incorporate ascending into this it doesn't seem to work? 

12 REPLIES 12
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Gerard14 

If by search box you mean a Text Input...then no.  It does not deal with records.  The formula provided produces a table of records.

What are you referring to in regard to search box?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes 
I am referring to utilising a combo box to produce the same outcome but having the functionality to search for items aswell.  Which i presume the formula will still work. 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Gerard14 

If you are referring to searching in the combobox...then yes, that will all work just fine.

If it is something else, please expand on your design a little so I can follow.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,026)