cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3csman
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

SortBy Column - Descending Not Working

I've got a Gallery. I'd like it sorted by Compliance Status column, descending. I've entered the following. Yet, the one 'Certified' keep popping to the top. Any ideas what may be stopping the filter from working?

SortByColumns(Filter(Collection, FullNm=MmbrFullNmDD.Selected.FullNm),"ComplianceStatus",Descending)

3csman_0-1598642068587.png

3 REPLIES 3
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Try this:

Sort(Filter(Collection, FullNm=MmbrFullNmDD.Selected.FullNm),Trim(ComplianceStatus),Descending)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

ankeet
Frequent Visitor

Try this if previous dont work,

Sort(Filter(Collection, FullNm=MmbrFullNmDD.Selected.FullNm),ComplianceStatus,Descending)

Using sort only and removing double quotes as you don't have special character in column/field name. If present then put it in single quotes.

3csman
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Both return the same result as the original.

The "Driver Operator, Pumper - Date: 10/26/2012 - Status: Certified"  is always on top.

What I really want to do is every time the DD changes a query and filter of the Member Training list - by Member UnqID - of all of the Member's certs and quals.

If any of the Member's certs and quals are 'Noncompliant' on the Member Training list the Toggle by default will be set to the 'Inactive' position. This should happen every time the DD changes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,030)