cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChLowden
Helper I
Helper I

SortByColumns(Filter - how much text data can it filter ?

Hello

I have a sharepoint data source that has about 600 entries that are a hard drive and LTO library. Each entry corresponds to either a hard drive or LTO.

Screenshot from 2020-09-29 08-39-18.png

I use a simple power app to filter the 600 entries using :

SortByColumns(Filter([@'200722_RAY_DD_LTO_DB'], StartsWith('CONTENU DISQUE', TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

When I filter by LTO number or other simple entry, I get results back.

But the most important field for me is the disk content field. This contains lists of all the folders each entry has. When I filter this column, I don't get any results back.

All I have read concerning delegation explains that the limit is based on not exceeding 2000 unique entries and it does not mention anything about filtering large text data fields.

Can anyone help me either with an alternative filter or search mode or other soultion?

Many thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChLowden ,

Could you please share more details about your issue?

How did you filter the disk content field? please share the code.

What is the date type of disk content field? Does it store a table with all folders each entry has?

If so, I would suggest you use the following code. use in operator to check if the search text contains in the disk content table.

SortByColumns(Filter([@'200722_RAY_DD_LTO_DB'], TextSearchBox1.Text in 'disk content'), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

Note: this formula may not be delegable, but it won't make any influence since there are only 600 entries if you increase the delegation limitation to 2000 in PowerApps Settings.

If this doesn't make sense, please share more details about your issue.

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

Hello Sik

To be honest, I don't understand. My goal is to search all the CONTENU DISQUE cells in the sharepoint for text strings using the search field at the top of the app's window.

Attached are screen grabs of the sharepoint & the power app canvas.

Many thanks

Screenshot from 2020-09-29 13-14-44.pngScreenshot from 2020-09-29 13-16-40.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChLowden ,

Could you please share more details about your issue?

How did you filter the disk content field? please share the code.

What is the date type of disk content field? Does it store a table with all folders each entry has?

If so, I would suggest you use the following code. use in operator to check if the search text contains in the disk content table.

SortByColumns(Filter([@'200722_RAY_DD_LTO_DB'], TextSearchBox1.Text in 'disk content'), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

Note: this formula may not be delegable, but it won't make any influence since there are only 600 entries if you increase the delegation limitation to 2000 in PowerApps Settings.

If this doesn't make sense, please share more details about your issue.

Hope this helps.

Sik

Hello Sik

To be honest, I don't understand. My goal is to search all the CONTENU DISQUE cells in the sharepoint for text strings using the search field at the top of the app's window.

Attached are screen grabs of the sharepoint & the power app canvas.

Many thanks

Screenshot from 2020-09-29 13-14-44.pngScreenshot from 2020-09-29 13-16-40.png

I don't understand why (maybe you can tell me), but this seems to work.

SortByColumns(Filter([@'200722_RAY_DD_LTO_DB'], TextSearchBox1.Text in 'CONTENU DISQUE'), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

Many thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,858)