Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

SortColumn not working on Lookup field data - incorrect syntax?

Hi, I have an app and when someone clicks on one of the gallery header columns, in this case "State", it does not sort, but it should (text columns do sort correctly). State is a lookup table and is not the primary table being displayed. I have tried many different combinations to see if it works, no luck. It actually clears out all data in the gallery list (which makes sense). Here are just a few of the combinations I've tried
- Set(SortColumn, "State"); UpdateContext({SortColumn: "State", SortDescending: !SortDescending})
 I've tried with "State.Value" "" many different combinations and no luck
FYI - my text columns work fine with the sorting. It's lookups and other field types where I'm struggling. But let's start with a lookup. Any help appreciated.
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II



same as your other post


If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Reza Dorrani, MVP

Helpful resources

UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,309)