cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rikdekoning
Level: Powered On

Sorting on SharePoint List attachments doesn't work anymore

I have a PowerApp form for my SharePoint list that also contains attachments. I set the Attachments control to sort in a descending order, but when I click the attachment to open it, I get a  'BlobNotFound' error in Chrome and a 'Couldn't download the file' error in Internet Explorer.

blobnotfound.pngcouldntdownloadthefile.png

When I create a new PowerApp form, the default Attachments control lets me download attachments, but immediately after I apply the Sort() on the Items property, the 'BlobNotFound' error appears again. 

Sort(
    ThisItem.'{Attachments}',
    DisplayName,
    Descending
)

This has worked before flawelessly, so why doesn't it work anymore?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Sorting on SharePoint List attachments doesn't work anymore

I'm not sure what your doing to pull in the Attachments exactly but typically when I have a gallery with the attachments the item was first selected from another gallery and so that is there instead of the ThisItem you have.

So, Gallery 1 is tied to the SPList and has some details of some sort and then when they click on one Gallery 2 shows with the attacments.

My Items for Gallery 2 is =Sort(Gallery1.Selected.'{Attachments}', DisplayName, Descending)

Mine sorts fine and pulls in the data fine, allows you to download and everything else. Maybe try that.

rikdekoning
Level: Powered On

Re: Sorting on SharePoint List attachments doesn't work anymore

I'm just using a simple form (using the Customize Forms option in SharePoint). I don't use a Gallery.

The solution I used worked 2 weeks ago, but now, all of a sudden it doesn't anymore even though I haven't made any changes to that specific Form...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,708)