cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamescosten
Helper III
Helper III

Sound Playing on scrolling, nit just on button press

I have an app that is used to clock in. When you press the toggle button it patches a sharepoint site and playsa a sound. This works all fine, however when you press the screen to scroll or to filter it also plays the sound.

What option do i select to prevent this. The code for my sounds is:

On Toggle Change: Reset(Audio1);Set(Varmakesound, false);Set(Varmakesound, true)

On Audio Start: Varmakesound

Any help is appreciated as i have it set to Ho-Ho-Ho for christmas and it plays it 10 times in a row when your scrolling etc.

8 REPLIES 8
Matren
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @jamescosten ,

Instead of the OnChange property, why don't you try using the OnCheck and OnUncheck properties for the toggle button? OnCheck is actions to perform when the value of a checkbox or a toggle changes to true (i.e. toogle switched on). OnUncheck is actions to perform when the value of a checkbox or a toggle changes to false (i.e. toggle switched off).

Thus for OnCheck you would use: Reset(Audio1);Set(Varmakesound, true)

and OnUncheck you would use: Set(Varmakesound, false)

Let me know how it goes.

Best Wishes,

Matren

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find this post helpful, give it a Thumbs Up

Solved your problem, click Accept as Solution so others can find it

When i press the toggle, the sound crackles and stops halfway and only works intermitently. The toggle updates a sharepoint list, so i wonder if the sound is being interupted by the PATCH?

Matren
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @jamescosten,

If you only have two states for the toggle (on and off) I recommend first using the OnCheck and OnUncheck properties for the toggle as I listed above.

Using a patch command on a toggle is a bit different, usually you would want to trigger it off of a "submit" button which, after successfully submitted, would play a sound. If you are wedded to the toggle button, the patch function would need to be on the OnCheck property.

Can you share your patch code and where it is currently placed?

Best Wishes,

Matren

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my setup:

jamescosten_0-1669969057634.png

I have the toggle embedded in the gallery, when toggled it updates the status on my SP List. Those coloured buttons laong the top are filters, but when i pressed the filters the toggles would reset, so i put the patch on the on select and added this to my gallery.

jamescosten_1-1669969150869.png

If its not possible with my current setup then i will simply remove the sound, but as its working on the toggle i'd like to understand the interaction with the gallery and filters and why the sound plays then.

Matren
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @jamescosten ,

I recommend you make the following changes:

OnCheck: Reset(Audio1); Set(Varmakesound, true); Patch ( ... ) put your patch command in OnCheck

OnUncheck: Set(Varmakesound, false)

OnSelect: false

OnChange: false

Let me know how it goes.

Best Wishes,

Matren

Hi @jamescosten ,

I recommend you make the following changes:

OnCheck: Reset(Audio1); Set(Varmakesound, true); Patch ( ... ) put your patch command in OnCheck

OnUncheck: Set(Varmakesound, false)

OnSelect: false

OnChange: false

Let me know how it goes.

Best Wishes,

Matren

jamescosten
Helper III
Helper III

Same issue, still plays the sound when i select the filter buttons and touch the screen. Maybe its just designed that way?

Matren
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @jamescosten

I still think you should be able to meet your requirements. Let's investigate further before conceding.

Are you selecting via a mouse or your finger? If you are physically touching the screen with your finger, can you try using the app with a mouse and see if the issue is still occuring?

Also, can you share the code for how the app is playing a sound? Are you using a media player? If so, what code do you have for the following properties:

Autostart, Loop, OnStart, OnEnd, OnPause, Reset?

Let me know how it goes.

Best Wishes,

Matren

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,997)