cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Specify tenant in power apps url

Hi guys and ladies,

is it possible to specify the tenant id in the weblink for a powerapp?

I created an app inside one tenant and embedded it into a Dynamics CE form.

Passing params works fine and the app is running.

Special sutuation:

Users, that are hosted inside AAD of a different tenant access Dynamics and open the form.

As they open it they get the message that the app cannot be found.

After some investigation I discovered that the app accesses the tenant and the power platform, where the users AAD is tied to.

So my thoughts:

Can I specify the tenant id insdie the app's weblink?

This would solve my problem, because the users are permitted to access as they are present as ext-accounts in AD of tenant where I created the app.

If not possible: any other ideas?

Cheers

Sven

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Specify tenant in power apps url

Hi @svenburkhardt,

Sorry but I think I didn't fully understand your situation. If you embedded PowerApps in Dynamics 365 CE on tenant1, then your users need to have user account from tenant1 to access it. 

After you have embedded a PowerApp on a page and confirmed that it is working correctly with any data context passed from the page, you might want to share this embedded PowerApp with other users in the system. This can be accomplished in two different ways using the personalization capabilities of the product:

• The recommended scenario is through the system administrator, who can push a personalization to all users or a subset of users.

• Alternatively, you can export your page's personalizations, send them to one or more users, and have each of those users import those changes. The Manage option on the personalization toolbar enables you to export and import personalizations.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Re: Specify tenant in power apps url

Hi Mona,

thanks for your reply. As always: it is complicated 😉

After further investigation I discovered, thats it is a problem in the MAM.layer of Azure AD, that causes the error.

The message (translated from German to English in my own words) is:

You can't get there from here. Die application contents sensitive information and is only accessible by the following devices:

Devices or aplications that ollow the compatibility policy of XXX.

I think the main problem is, that MAM prvents data exchange between both tenants altough it belongs to one customer.

Anyhow: I will investigate further to identify the problem.

Cheers

Sven

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,503)