cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speech to Text

I would like to have the ability to fill a text field with speech to text. Say, if a user could press a button and say "pencil", then a text box or input field would then read pencil. Is there a way to do this? I have a USB Microphone.

3 REPLIES 3
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

You can use Windows' own speech-to-text features to enter text into fields in a Power App. The user needs to activate the feature, which is available if you search for Windows Speech Recognition on the Start bar.

Hope this helps,
Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

it will be on a raspberry pi 4 powered tablet, which I assume will not have Windows speech to text. Any other ideas?

A quick online search brings up several speech-to-text options for Raspberry Pi, but have a look too at the Azure Speech to Text service or the Google Cloud Speech to Text service.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,901)