cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcanfield83
Frequent Visitor

Split Forms / Attachment Control

Hi All,

I have an app that submits data to a SharePoint list with numerous columns. Due to the number of columns, I've created multiple screens that the user must complete before submitting the request.

Upon clicking the "New Request" button on the app's home screen, I'm setting a global variable as follows:

Set(glblRequestData, Defaults(My_SharePoint_List));

There are 3 screens in total:

• Screen 1: formPart1, formAttachments
  • Screen 2: formPart2
  • Screen 3: formPart3

The "Item" property on formPart1, formAttachments, and formPart2 is set to the global variable, "glblRequestData".

formPart3 is essentially the "master" form which contains all of the fields to be submitted to the SharePoint list. The "Item" property on formPart3 is set as follows:

Patch(glblRequestData, formPart1.Updates, formPart2.Updates, formAttachments.Updates)

On Screen 3, there's another Attachments control included as one of the fields in formPart3. The Attachment controls on Screen 1  (formAttachments) and Screen 3 (formPart3) are associated to the same "Attachments" column on the data source (SharePoint List).

However, if I attach a file on Screen 1 (formAttachments) it's not carrying over to the attachments control on Screen 3 (formPart3). 

In other words, I add a file using the attachment control on Screen 1 (formAttachments), but then once I've proceeded onward to Screen 3, the Attachments control on that final screen shows "There is nothing attached" (as illustrated in the screenshot).

So, essentially I'm trying to figure out how to "link" these controls together in such a way that if the user attaches a file on Screen 1, that same file will be displayed in the Attachments control on Screen 3 prior to them submitting the request.

Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong?

Thank you! 

1 REPLY 1
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @bcanfield83 ,

Why do you have the Item as a Patch? Why not simply run the Patch and then base Form3 on the resulting record. I think your problem lies here.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,511)