cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Stability Issues in flows launched from PowerApps when the app has been running long

When I first start the PowerApps app on my phone, everything works fine.

But then I open another app (say for example Outlook), while power apps stays active in the background. I leave my phone like that for a couple of hours and then return to power apps.

My power app that I previously started is still running, but when I launch a workflow, it goes wrong... The workflow tries to read a blob from blobstorage, but the authentication fails. In a later step of the flow I tried to read some data from SharePoint... same problem: authentication fails.

When i quite the app and I go back to the list of powerapps ... it's empty. Refreshing the list does not help. I have to literally close down the app and start it up again to make things work again. (btw, this second problem happens all the time even if I just start power apps and leave it running for a while without starting an app... this list will be empty)

As a developer, I can understand where this is coming from (the token has expired), but a scenario like this will happen all the time and I'm not quite at ease launching powerapps in my company with this kind of issue. I'm pretty sure it will damage the adoption of powerapps in my company.

Has anyone experienced this, how can i fix it?

I'm using a Pixel XL phone, with Android 9

Kind regards,

Peter

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Stability Issues in flows launched from PowerApps when the app has been running long

amazing nobody is confirming this issue???

I just had it again, it's a major deal breaker… anyone?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

This will be a conference that you do not want to miss!

secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,326)