cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kumar9024021
Level: Powered On

Standard email Template in Powerapps to send email

Is there a standard email template available in Powerapps which i can follow.

I tried creating the template using Office365.SendEmail("") HTML with my fields, however couldn't and always end up seeing red underlines on my screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Standard email Template in Powerapps to send email

Hi @Kumar9024021 

It is passed inside the Text within Quotes, so it will consider the DataCardValue1.Text as plain text. You need to update the expression to:

<p>Hi "&DataCardValue1.Text&",</p>
<p>Thank you for submitting the leave request.</p>
<p>
Regards<br/>
Leave Admin
</p>

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Kumar9024021 

Directly there is no such template available.

For more information about the Office365.SendEmail connector, you can refer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365connector/#send-an-email-(v2) 

The below expression is from a template app (Leave Request), you can make certain changes to make it work in your case:

App -> OnStart -> ClearCollect(EmailTemplate,
"<html>

<head>
<meta http-equiv=""Content-Type"" content=""text/html; charset=us-ascii"">
</head>

<body>
<p>
There is a leave request from: {SubmitterName} pending your approval. <ul><li>Type: {LeaveType}</li><li>Title: {LeaveTitle}</li><li>Description: {LeaveDescript}</li><li>Start Date: {LeaveStart}</li><li>End Date: {LeaveEnd}</li>" &
"</p>
</body>
</html>"
)
Button to send email:
OnSelect -> Office365.SendEmailV2(_myProfile.UserPrincipalName, "New Leave Request", First(EmailTemplate).Value, {Importance: "Normal"});

If you need specific help with your expression, please share the expression so that we can work together to resolve all the errors.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Kumar9024021

Thanks Yash @yashag2255 for the response.

I have prepared my email template in collection. However, I would like to substitute my field value in the email template when sending email.

<p>Hi {DataCardValue1.Text},</p>
<p>
Regards<br/>
Leave Admin
</p>

DataCardValue1.Text display as DataCardValue1.Text in email. May I know how to substitute it with exact form field value ?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Kumar9024021 

It is passed inside the Text within Quotes, so it will consider the DataCardValue1.Text as plain text. You need to update the expression to:

<p>Hi "&DataCardValue1.Text&",</p>
<p>
Regards<br/>
Leave Admin
</p>

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Kumar9024021

Thanks Yash @yashag2255 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,979)