cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Start Flow from new appointment in meeting room

I have several meeting rooms. When a user books one of the rooms a flow should then start automatically. The flow should fill a Sharepoint list and point to a Powerapp to enable the user to order a catering or technical equipment. Each room needs his own flow. Is this possible with built in connectors? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Robert42 

You will need a connection in your Flow to that calendar.

Have a look at this posting.  It describes in the solution, the process for adding a shared or resource calendar to your Flow trigger.

I hope that helps move you to the next step.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

@Robert42 

Should be possible...have you looked at the "When a new event is created" trigger in the Office 365 Outlook Connector?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Frequent Visitor

I found the trigger but I can't use it. The trigger is requesting a 'calendar id'. First I had to figure out what a calendar id is. Why can't I use the user's email address? Eg: eventroomx@contoso.com. Anyway. I tried Graph Explorer.

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/conferenceroomx@contoso.com/calendar

And got the answer

{
    "@odata.context": "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/$metadata#users('conferenceroomx%40contoso.com')/calendar/$entity",
    "id": "AAMkA{...redacted...}ESgm5AAA=",
    "name": "Calendar",
    "color": "auto",
    "changeKey": "5wYL9{...redacted...}oqIQ==",
    "canShare": true,
    "canViewPrivateItems": true,
    "canEdit": true,
    "owner": {
        "name": "Conference Room X",
        "address": "conferenceroomx@contoso.com"
    }
}

Then I tried to use this ID for my flow. I got the following error:

{
  "status": 404,
  "message": "The specified object was not found in the store.\r\nclientRequestId: 8{...redacted...}5\r\nserviceRequestId: a{...redacted...}2",
  "source": "office365-we.azconn-we.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

What is wrong here?

Edit: The user and the calendar are existing for years. I added myself as Owner one hour ago.

@Robert42 

You will need a connection in your Flow to that calendar.

Have a look at this posting.  It describes in the solution, the process for adding a shared or resource calendar to your Flow trigger.

I hope that helps move you to the next step.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,573)