cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DDucolonSBUX
Advocate I
Advocate I

Start PowerApps with Player version other than current

I have an app where one of my SharePoint lists resolves into hundreds of errors when I remove and re-add the list to the Canvas app.  This issue has been reported to MS but getting it to repro in their environment is hard.  I believe the data source remove and replace worked in a previous App Player version. I want to test this and to do that I would like to know what start up URL parameter will allow me to start the app with a version other than the most current?

3 REPLIES 3
poweractivate
Super User
Super User

@DDucolonSBUX 

I am aware of a way that might work. Rather than to use a parameter in URL, it is possible to change the "authoring version" (which I believe might change both the Studio version and also the Player version as well) using this feature and this steps:

1) Open the Canvas App you want to start with previous Player version

2) Go to File -> Account

81121-a01.png

3) Click Support and you should see screen like below, and then click the "Edit" link/button circled in blue below.

81121-a02.png

4) Click on the dropdown to check for available versions to revert to. Although it is the "authoring version" I

believe this might actually change the player version as well and not just the studio version

(not 100% sure).

81121-a03.png

81121-a04.png

5) Finally click Reload + apply version

In case this worked for you and the version is not shown there - if it is not shown there it may not be possible to revert to it and you may need to ask Microsoft Support instead to be able to revert to the version not shown in your dropdown list.

Check if above helps.

Thanks for this insight it is very, very helpful.  However I am limited to a list of 3 older versions which have all been released in the last week or so.  I click on the list of all versions and I see the one I want in that list but it cannot be chosen in this UI.  Thanks anyhow I am sure this will help someday.

@DDucolonSBUX 

If somehow you come across another way, I would be curious as well.

I might guess that if there is another way, it might not be allowed for the public and only for internal Microsoft use. This would be a guess. If you somehow come across it while working on a support case with Microsoft, be sure you ask if it is OK to share it in a public forum before doing so. I am not aware of one, but I just suspect that if there is one, maybe it is not allowed for the public.

I am not aware of another way than the one I gave here, you may want to consult with Microsoft Support for any specific details and if you need to check on a version that is not in the drop-down list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,099)