Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marial16
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Start Screen and Context variables

Hallo experts,

I am creating an app and i want to use two parameters.

The way i have been working so far and before the latest changes with the OnStart (we should not use Navigate function..)

was to use Set:

OnStart = Set(ReportScreenID,Param("ReportScreenID")

If(
!IsBlank(ReportScreenID),
Navigate(SpecificReportScreen,ScreenTransition.Cover,

{
varProcessAdd: false,
InvolvedItemsParam: Filter(
UsersCollection,
RequestID.Value = ReportScreenID
),

Navigate(Main)

)

I know that we can use an If statement in StartScreen, but what happens with Context i want to pass?

How do we write this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @marial16 ,

One of the deficiencies with the StartScreen structure - you cannot use or set Variables in it. For now, either stay with OnStart and set the Switch in Settings

WarrenBelz_0-1640767978333.png

or have a splash screen, start a timer when loading and put all of that OnTimerEnd

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @marial16 ,

One of the deficiencies with the StartScreen structure - you cannot use or set Variables in it. For now, either stay with OnStart and set the Switch in Settings

WarrenBelz_0-1640767978333.png

or have a splash screen, start a timer when loading and put all of that OnTimerEnd

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Would this workaround be better in terms of Performance?

@marial16 ,

It would obviously slow the process down to load the screen, run the timer and then load the next screen, but you could display your company logo and app name in there for presentation.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @marial16 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,773)