cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Start & End Date Field (Won't Update Data Source Unless Both Fields Are Updated)

Greetings..

I have a strange situation I can't seem to figure out.

I have a calendar app that allows staff members to record events on a calendar.

For some strange reason, it wont allow me to edit the end date, unless I edit the start date as well.

If I simply edit the end date, it returns the following error on screen.

"an error occurred on the server"

When I look into the chrome dev tools logs..I see the following error under the network tab.

"Invalid data has been used to update the list item. The field you are trying to update may be read only"

Any ideas what may the reason for this?

I can confirm that my colmn names are accurate and match.

I am also able to create an item with no problem, this only occurs when I try to edit an item.

It feels as if there is some codependency between the start and end date fields, but I cant seem to find the relationship between the two fields. I also must discplose that my Sharepoint list is a calendar list type.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

I have not heard anything new one this. I was not able to update the record with a Patch command either. Can't figure out whats goin on here!

Highlighted

Patch Function also gives the same error. I used your workaround to add a 'millisecond' to the Start Date and that did the trick. Note: Adding Milliseconds instead of Minutes is better since this change is not visible to users.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,964)