cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adgkred
Frequent Visitor

Start an Approval Flow to Patch data

Hi,

So I have an app where user can see all record from a table (from an SQL server) and modify some values.

For now, users enter a new value, click on a button, and a patch is made on the table.

However I'd like to have the following feature. users enter a new value, click on a button, an approval flow is created, and if approved the patch is made.

I've done extensive research on how to do that, but I'm a little lost with all the functionalities of PowerApps and PowerAutomate and can't find anything to point me in the right direction. 

So my question is the following; can such a thing be done? If yes how so?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HenriDesmet59
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hello @adgkred ,

What you can do is to trigger the flow from you powerapps application.

You can pass in parameter the ID of the row to update, and the new values to update.

Then in your approval flow, you get those values and after the mail approbation, you can use a SQL action to patch your row.

Tell me if It's helps you 🙂

Henri

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HenriDesmet59
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hello @adgkred ,

What you can do is to trigger the flow from you powerapps application.

You can pass in parameter the ID of the row to update, and the new values to update.

Then in your approval flow, you get those values and after the mail approbation, you can use a SQL action to patch your row.

Tell me if It's helps you 🙂

Henri

adgkred
Frequent Visitor

I'll give that a try, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,298)