cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NHGA
Advocate I
Advocate I

Starting Flows from a button suddenly only works just for me as the creator/admin/connection owner

Hi,

We have several apps that use buttons that triggers flows that uses e.g. connections to SharePoint / Word Online etc.

The connections have been setup with my user.

Starting today hese flows no longer works for anyone else than me. If any other user pushes a button it will not even trigger any error message in PowerApps (nor in Flow as the underlying flow is not started at all), but once I press the button everything works as intended.

Given the erratic behaviour of the PowerApps platform I am not sure if this is a temporary glitch in the PowerApps environment or something bigger?

Anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions? Any ideas?

Kind regards

Niklas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NHGA
Advocate I
Advocate I

This seems to have been a classical "background upgrade of the PowerApps environment and old flows stop working".  A bit too many incidents like this for my liking.

Once I saved the flows as a version 2 and connected my buttons to these "new" flows it seems to be working again.

The flows are in my opinion completely unchanged, but I guess something has changed in the background.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Did you share the flow with other the people?  When starting a flow manually from Power Apps the flow will run in the context of the user who presses the button.  If you didn't explicitly share the flow with them then they won't be able to run the flow when they press the button.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi,

These flows have been working for over a year and suddenly stopped today.

Niklas

NHGA
Advocate I
Advocate I

This seems to have been a classical "background upgrade of the PowerApps environment and old flows stop working".  A bit too many incidents like this for my liking.

Once I saved the flows as a version 2 and connected my buttons to these "new" flows it seems to be working again.

The flows are in my opinion completely unchanged, but I guess something has changed in the background.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,703)