cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VivekKumar12
Frequent Visitor

StartsWith delegation warning in PowerApps

I'm getting this delegation warning and that why I'm not able to fetch records more than 500 but I want to fetch the records more than 2000. 

VivekKumar12_0-1617102807260.png

VivekKumar12_1-1617102822287.png

I want to get more than 2000 records in my gallery but getting this delegation warning and unable to fetch it more than 500 items in gallery.

SortByColumns(Filter([@'Don''t Walk By'], StartsWith('Don''t Walk By Type'.Value, TextSearchBox1.Text) || StartsWith(Category.Value, TextSearchBox1.Text) || StartsWith(Site.Value, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Created", If(SortDescending1, Ascending, Descending))

Don't Walk By Type : Choice
Category : Lookup
Site: Lookup

what changes are required here to get the items in my gallery

8 REPLIES 8
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @VivekKumar12 

Choice columns in SharePoint are not delegatable for a text search.  Either use a dropdown for these column types as below

SortByColumns(
              Filter([@'Don''t Walk By'],
                      'Don''t Walk By Type'.Value = ddType.Selected.Value|| 
                       Category.Value=ddCategory.Selected.Value || 
                       Site.Value=ddSite.Selected.Value),
            "Created", If(SortDescending1, Ascending, Descending)
)

or change them in SharePoint to single line of text and control the input from the PowerApps side with a hard coded dropdown.  See https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/News-Announcements/The-Ten-Commandments-of-SharePoint-in-PowerAp... ... #1.

IMHO, I prefer the latter and never use complex column types in SharePoint. 

what is ddType, ddCatergory and ddSite, I applied your formula but it's not working. It's saying name is not valid the identifier is not recognised

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@VivekKumar12 

Those are dropdowns for your choice columns

your code is not working

Don't Walk By Type : Choice
Category : Lookup
Site: Lookup

The problem is your sharepoint column types. Formulated, lookups or choices are limited. Make them text.

not allowed to change at SharePoint side, I need to fix this without changing at sharepoint side

what you could try is collect your entire sharepoint data into 2-3 collections in the app on start, then merge the multiple ones into a single collection which will read your entire data.

See how you can partition to collect in badges which will make up your entire data (over 2k rows).

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,736)