I have a gallery that I am filtering based on StartsWith(). Until just now I always thought that if the the Field for the filter was blank, the statswith returns all records. It seems I am wrong as I am finding that if the Column contains blank rows the startswith is automatically filtering them out so you are only ever seeing rows with data no matter what is in the filter box. I am positive this has not always been the case and if Blanks are there they are included until something is put into teh Filter Box. Am I wrong or has there been a change?
Set the Default of your filter box to "" (empty string) and you will see all records until you type something in.
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.
Addendum. When I add a second statswith where both boxes are empty I get even less records as it is now filtering out the blanks of the second input as well. I have never seen this before
I was aware this happens when using teh in function so Startswith() seems to be doing the same
I am doing this on an 8171 items list. Interesting I have two Views. Both have the a Gallery based on the same list. View one filters on a bunch of Columns and I have no issue. View 2 I get the problem. No rational reason yet
More to this, in View 1 I am using search on fields that all have data in every row, so issue the is not obvious. View 2 some search columns do not have data. The list is always reduced to the Column that has the least rows with data in teh search group.
Startwith() has either changed or I did not understand it correctly the first time
When your records are created are these searching columns being forced to Blank()? Just curious because I think it maybe a data type issue vs PowerApps StartsWith() mismatch
if new rcord created, column that doesn't need a value straight away is left out of the Patch() thereby creating a weird data type in SP that isn't blank or "". I think I've seen this before with Date data types but can't recall the full issue.
Good idea and I checked but not the issue. It turns out is to do with the Collection I was using. I replaced it with the actual dat source and it was OK.
The other view had to be a Collection as teh client wanted to use the 'in' and there are over 8000 records.
This view does not need that so I can use the Datasource directly. It is still an interesting problem as I would have thought the Collection should work the same
Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!
ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.
Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021
Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!