cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Startup a SP List with PowerApp

Hi,

I was wondering the best way to go about this. I currently have an app in which is related to a SP list. I want the user to be greeted with the PowerApp upon clicking onto the list (rather than having to click New+ in the top left hand corner). Any ideas how I can enable this functionality?

Ta,

Craig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I just rechecked your original post and want you need cannot be achieved so far. The only way to make the custom form view shown is to click on new/edit item. If you need to show the whole form directly after you open the list, you might need to add an idea in PowerApps idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump

v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

If you mean that you want to show the PowerApps app on SharePoint site page, then you could achieve this by using the Embed web part capability on the SharePoint page and add the app as an iframe content. 

app-on-sharepoint.png

The iframe code I am using above is like following. Please refer to this post where it shows how to generate the src Uri for your app.

<iframe width="1024px" height="768px" src="https://web.powerapps.com/webplayer/iframeapp?hideNavBar=true&source=iframe&screenColor=rgba(104,101,171,1)&appId=/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apps/[AppID]" />

Notes:

1. I suggest using the width and height property to set the content area to your app's aspect ratio, it will ensure that there is no grey background area around your app and your page looks visually rich.

2. Depending on your SharePoint site settings, you may get an error that embedding content from PowerApps website is not allowed. To work around this, please work with you site administrator to add "powerapps.com" is the list of allowed domains.

This is not the final version of this capability but rather the first step in the journey, we will make this experience much easier to use without the need to manually create iframe, src Uri or using web parts.

Regards,

Mona

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I just rechecked your original post and want you need cannot be achieved so far. The only way to make the custom form view shown is to click on new/edit item. If you need to show the whole form directly after you open the list, you might need to add an idea in PowerApps idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,839)