cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Stay on the form with values on Submit

When I submit a form, I need to stay on the form after submitting it with the values still retained.

Basically, when the form is submitted and it creates a record in SP List and Gallery, I need the same record to stay on the edit page for further editing.

I tried setting OnSuccess to false but then after submitting, the form gets populated with the first item in my gallery.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Stay on the form with values on Submit

Hi @AJ13,

How did you created the app? Is it the custom Form created from SharePoint list or a standalone app created from PowerApps site?

If it's the former, please make sure that below formulas are set:

SharePointForm1.OnSuccess=false
SharePointIntegration.OnSave=SubmitForm(SharePointForm1)

I have modified the default custom form as above formulas and this works for me. 

If it's the latter, I just created an auto-generated app by connection to SharePoint list, and I changed the OnSuccess property of the edit form from "Back()" to "false". After selecing submit button, edit form would stay in edit mode and remain the data. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@v-monli-msft I'm having the same problem on my Customised Form.

SharePointIntergration: OnSave = SubmitForm(Form1)

Form1: OnSuccess = False

Yet it still takes me to the 1st item in the SharePoint list rather than staying on the same item.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello! I have created my own canvas app from scratch and it is connecting to SharePoint.

My save/submit button OnSelect contains SubmitForm(MainEntryForm)

when this is pressed on a 'new' item which I populate, the PowerApp changes data to the 1st record in the Gallery list on the previous page. I only have 2 screens. One titled HomeScreen and the other EditScreen.

In addition, when I create a new item, and then click Save as in line two, I get the standard Errors from SharePoint, but then when I go back to the Home Screen, after clicking any of the gallery images, it brings me back to the ERRORED form instead of the other record I selected.

I have spend a good ammount of time on this and I know its simple.

I attempted to use a varaible to pass the SharePoint ID : when clicking the icon in Gallery:

Navigate(EditScreen,ScreenTransition.Fade);Set(myPick,ItemList.Selected)

but then the Items Property in the EditScreen does not take 'myPick' well or at all....

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,558)