cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Stop Power Apps resizing text in Dynamics embedded canvas app

I've got an embedded canvas app in my Dynamics CRM, where I've set up all the default text sizing etc.

However, when i resize the browser window the text in the canvas app resizes (to a point which is too small to read!).

I now this is a useful feature for a standalone app, but Dynamics handles responsiveness well and doesn't require a text size change.

Can i stop this happening?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Stop Power Apps resizing text in Dynamics embedded canvas app

Hi,

I did some research on this and I was only able to find some screen setting within the File -> setting tab of a PowerApp. They have some settings here that can be adjusted which might be what you are looking for. Unfortunately if this doesn't work I wasn't able to find anything else. If this doesn't work or it doesn't work for embedded apps this is probably not doable. You can always open a case with Microsoft Support too if you would like. Here is a link on how to create a case if you would like to go down that path.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Untitled.png

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/create-responsive-layout

Scale to Fit is what is causing your main issue. However, disabling that will require careful consideration for how controls will render when the app size is changed (window is docked, for example). There are lot of things to consider, but this is the first step.

That being said, it is a finicky experience with embedded apps. Especially when you have things dynamically sizing using App.Height/Width, and the view window of the Embedded app shrinks in both dimensions - as opposed to just halving its width when you dock a normal, non-embedded app.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for the replies... 

I've tried turning off Scale to Fit but that causes a problem with the app not displaying in CRM (i think it is displaying but it's just too big for the CRM container).

So I ended up just leaving that turned on and then setting the App dimensions to a fixed width/height that suited our CRM layout. This does mean that it's not 100% perfectly sized in our CRM form, BUT it doesn't dynamically resize the text, so it's useable.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,430)