cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop PowerApps from Importing All SharePoint Columns

I am making a new PowerApp with multiple forms. I want each form to include different fields from my 200 column SharePoint list. When I add a new form and select the SharePoint list as my source, it automatically creates 200 new fields and I have to manually delete all of them individually which takes forever. Is there anyway to prevent PowerApps from automatically adding all of the list items into the form and rather just go choose the ones I want? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Yes, that IS super annoying... I don't have a fix but I have a workaround.

Connect the form to a random SharePoint list with fewer columns.  Then change the datasource.  When this menu pops up click: 'No Thanks'.  Then you can delete all datacards from the random SP list and populate with your own 🙂

Untitled.png

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Yes, that IS super annoying... I don't have a fix but I have a workaround.

Connect the form to a random SharePoint list with fewer columns.  Then change the datasource.  When this menu pops up click: 'No Thanks'.  Then you can delete all datacards from the random SP list and populate with your own 🙂

Untitled.png

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,546)