cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SGiles
Frequent Visitor

Stop PowerApps timeout when browser window is idle

I have a requirement to show a dashboard style app using PowerApps connecting to data held in SharePoint Online. 

As this is a dashboard the view is that the App will be shown on a screen without interaction for long periods of the day. 

Unfortunately I get a "Your session has expired" message and stops showing the App after a short amount of time. 

Can this be turned off or at least set a time in configuration e.g. 10 hours?

Any suggestions and advice would be grateful.

14 REPLIES 14

Instead of refreshing the Chrome browser, can I put the timer on the data connection to refresh before 8 hours time, so it can keep connected for further 8 hours? etc.

Hi,

I think we tried that, and many other thing and the browser refresh was the only thing that worked for us.

MarcusC
Frequent Visitor

Has the browser refresh solution not worked for anyone? I have the auto refresh set for every 3 hours but the app session still times out after 8 hours. It's hard to believe this is even still an issue.

Mbruse
Frequent Visitor

Anyone solve this yet?  I have an extension for refreshing the browser and the users tell me they get the end session after 4 hours still.  This is a kiosk and supposed to go weeks if not months without interaction.

MarcusC
Frequent Visitor

What ended up working for us was to set up a scheduled task that closed the browser and re-opened the app. (We are using an app as a carousel-type solution)

We haven't had the time out issue since we set that up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,032)