cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhanney2323
Helper III
Helper III

Stop Sort Icon From Moving

So I have this data table and it has enough columns so that you have to scroll left or right to see all of them. I created a sorting icon that I want to put next to some of the columns I want to be able to sort on. The problem is that when I move left to right on the data table the icon moves too. Is there any way I can keep the icon placement constant so that it stays put where its at and doesn't move with the data table? Powerapps icon question.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You sure can. I will give you a generic example of using a slider control in a Filter function for numeric columns. 

Filter(DataSource, NumericValue = Slider.Value)

Set the Min and Max if the slider to the values that are possible for that column. 

Let us know if that helps. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
Microsoft Business Applications MVP
https://thepoweraddict.com

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @bhanney2323 ,

No, you cannot add icons inside a data table as you can in a gallery.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Completely agree with @WarrenBelz 

@bhanney2323 are you saying you have icons added outside the data table next to the headers? Or are they inside the data table? If inside, I would really like to know how you did it. And if outside, then I would have expected your question to be about how to move the icons when the table is scrolled left to right, and not, how not to move the icons. Am I missing something? 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

@bhanney2323 ,

@PowerAddict is completely correct in his elaboration of my brief post. A Data Table has no properties that I can see that would allow the detecting of how much you were scrolling, which would be necessary to set the X property of the icons (which I assume are outside the table) accordingly.

Thank you for the answer to my question, unfortunately this does not help me, but it does give me some alternative ideas for filtering my numeric columns (outer_diameter, inner_diameter, etc.) 

So as a sort of a follow up question, is there any way you think I could just add a slider control to add an additional filter on numeric columns like outer diameter, inner diameter, height, etc.? It doesn't seem like there are a lot of resources on the slider control in general, not sure if this is the best option for what I am thinking, so if you have better suggestions let me know too. Thanks. 

You sure can. I will give you a generic example of using a slider control in a Filter function for numeric columns. 

Filter(DataSource, NumericValue = Slider.Value)

Set the Min and Max if the slider to the values that are possible for that column. 

Let us know if that helps. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia

View solution in original post

Thank you so much for the response! Unfortunately because my columns values are mostly decimal numbers, it doesn't seem like the slider can do incremental values 😞

I can still use a dropdown tho 

Glad I could help! Good luck with the rest of your app! Feel free to reach out in case of any questions!

You can use 2 sliders or 2 dropdowns. First one for the digits before decimal. Second one for the digits after the decimal. This might be a good approach. Let me know if you end up using this. 

Thanks,
Hardit Bhatia
The Power Addict

I just ended up using one single drop down for this because it can show decimals. This works, honestly I just liked the design of the slider but whatever

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,374)