cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KimberlyM
Helper IV
Helper IV

Stop a timer from autostarting using OnSelect property of button

Is it possible to stop a timer set to autostart using a button onSelect property?

I have loaded my app using a deep link and now when I return from my edit screen to my dashboard it keeps taking me back to my edit screen with the specific ID. I do not want this to happen.

Suggestions on how I can get this loop to stop? I figured this would be easy but it is proving to be more difficult than I thought.
Thanks! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KimberlyM
Helper IV
Helper IV

Since this doesn't seem possible - I'm not sure how others have gotten around this issue. I developed a welcome screen with my logo to start my app and have 2 timers on it.

The first timer to end loads the deep link that was causing the issue.
Duration: 600
OnTimerEnd: If(!IsBlank(Param("ID")),Navigate(Edit, Cover,{LoadLead:LookUp(Lead_Data, ID = Value(Param("ID")))}));

The second timer is based on if the app has not been loaded by clicking on a deep link from a powerapps generated email.
Duration: 650
OnTimerEnd: Navigate(Dashboard, ScreenTransition.Fade)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KimberlyM
Helper IV
Helper IV

Since this doesn't seem possible - I'm not sure how others have gotten around this issue. I developed a welcome screen with my logo to start my app and have 2 timers on it.

The first timer to end loads the deep link that was causing the issue.
Duration: 600
OnTimerEnd: If(!IsBlank(Param("ID")),Navigate(Edit, Cover,{LoadLead:LookUp(Lead_Data, ID = Value(Param("ID")))}));

The second timer is based on if the app has not been loaded by clicking on a deep link from a powerapps generated email.
Duration: 650
OnTimerEnd: Navigate(Dashboard, ScreenTransition.Fade)

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,411)