Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Stop reset of 'New Form' on SubmitForm?

Hi all,

I have looked at similar threads but nothing is hitting the outcome I am wanting.

Basically I am trying to submit a New Form and then once it has submitted the form it does not reset the values to blank and instead if I hit submit again it would submit the same information again, giving the user the ability to tweak the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th entries without having to enter all the values again.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Stop reset of 'New Form' on SubmitForm?

Hi @TWolsten,

For the fields that you wanted to keep the same, you would use the default property of the control in the card.  So if the form was Form1 and it had a City card, you would change the default in the control inside the card from Parent.Default to Form1.LastSubmit.City.  However, you will still want to have the form work correctly for Edit mode so an If() function is needed. The Default property of the control should be If(Form1.Mode = 1, Form1.LastSubmit. FieldName,  Parent.Default).  Form.Mode property will return 0, 1, 2 based on the form mode. Below are what these values correspond to:

• 0 – Edit Mode
  • 1 – New Mode
  • 2 – Display Mode

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,346)