cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Store user settings

Hi Chris, yes ignoring the missing file would fix the issue in this particular situation I described.

There may be situations where it would be useful to check if the information exists before proceeding further, however I guess the following would work:

LoadData(UserSettings, "LocalSettings");If(!IsEmpty(UserSettings), LoadData(UserSettings, "LocalSettings"), ClearCollect(UserSettings, {Area: AreaDropdown.Selected.Value}))

Also, if you haven't already, see this post where @Meneghino summarises it quite well.

Thanks for responding!

Highlighted

This is available now.  I'm able to make it work by setting the third parameter to the LoadData function to true.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Doesn't work for web view (yet).

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I'm fairly certain that both SaveData and LoadData do not work in the browser, only on mobile. Is that still the case?

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Correct.  This is work in progress and should be available in July.

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Being able to use LoadData/SaveData from a PC/Windows is LONG overdue.  Glad to hear it is coming soon.

BTW - would also LOVE to be able to access the user's OWN OneDrive for Business directory within an app.

Right now, using OneDrive for Business in an app - if I create the app - means the app tries to use MY OneDrive for Business - not the user's (which can be useful, but not what I want at the moment).

Is there any way for the app to have access to the user's own OneDrive for Business when they run it?  Say I have 300 users (I do) and wish them to be able to have settings stored on their own OneDrive - how can I do this?  (hopefully something without having to use Flow - I've thought about a way to do this using Flow, but don't like it and thus haven't tried).  

This should also be a core item in PowerApps.  Anyone developed a custom connector back to OneDrive for Business to do this?  (I assume this is possible with the API)

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Each user will be asked to sign into a OneDrive for Business account at first app startup.  At that point they would connect to their own.  Does that make sense?

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Yes, I think so - assuming you're talking about doing this in the future for LoadData()/SaveData(), correct?  Would there be an option to have this done for both OneDrive for Business as well as the standard OneDrive (consumer)?  Our target is OneDrive for Business, but having both would be useful.

Just wanted to make sure that you're not saying that this is available today, correct? (if so I'd love to know how to do this).  🙂

If not do you have a target date for this release?  This is urgently needed and I was planning on throwing the user settings in CDS by user ID, though I'd really love to not to have to do this.  Our initial target for this app is web/PC (not mobile) so this is why its needed. 

In addition, having a connector (or option on the existing "OneDrive for Business" connector) that also allows access to anything in the user's OneDrive for Business account (assuming they would have to agree on first app startup as well) would be incredibly useful (ie: not just limiting to LoadData()/SaveData()).  We have users who store files on their personal OneDrive for Business account that would would love to be able to have the PowerApp do something with under the user's control.  

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

I'm talking about this already being available in general.  If you share an app with another user, they will need to set up the connection to OneDrive the first time they use the app.  At that point they will have the chance to connect to their own OneDrive account.  Are you talking about having access to the user's OneDrive via LoadData/SaveData?  That is not the intent of LoadData/SaveData which is to temporarily store data on the local device.  Please let me know if I misunderstand.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,294)